Thursday, May 8, 2014

Couple of new items

These have been waiting for completion for some time, the bowl was quite badly split from drying in the round and I wasn't at all sure about whether to continue with it, the Little hollow form though was just roughed out and it was more a case of how to colour it, I find the colouring process can be difficult to start off at times and I am not completely happy with it as it is right now, I seem to be in a bit of a rut with regards to the different combinations of colours, I also have a further item in the lathe that is slightly different, but I am definately thinking of a change of direction colour wise for a few future projects.

The bowl is in Holly with the Turqoise fill for the cracks, it works for me at least.

The Hollow Form is Sycamore, I like the bit of bark that remains, it looks like old leather.




















No comments:

Post a Comment