Saturday, May 25, 2013

Really Wild Food Festival at the Bishops Palace St David's

Along with Jane Bevans who does the most wonderful drawings of animals, and Andy Scott who makes garden furniture, I got invited to display my work at the above festival for one day, we arrived early and got the table set up by about 9:30 on a gloriously sunny May bank holiday, we couldn't have wished for better weather. Jane and husband Steve set up alongside us in our assigned "Tent" and we were able to relax for an hour before folks started arriving in earnest to the examine the many stalls with much to see and indeed sample (I was lucky enough to be able to make a quick round and sample a very nice welsh single malt, non chill filtered and bottled at 46%, plus it was also organic! Ralphy should check this stuff out)

As I got back to the stall Jenny was in the process of making the first sale of the day, my prized item, a dark coloured hollow form vase.

We did very well for the day covering our costs and even covering some material outlay for the workshop equipment too.

All in all an excellent day which was only slightly marred by the odd disappearance of a rather nice Thuya Burr & Ebony finial box which, not only was I therefore unable to sell, but I don't have any photo's of it either, I had thought perhaps I left it at home, but when I got back it isn't here, so that's a perturbing mystery.

Here is a nice shot taken by Jane of us at the very beginning of the day after we had set up.

I would like to say thank you to all the nice people who bought the items from me, I enjoyed meeting and talking to you, and even to those who enjoyed a chat but were not tempted!


No comments:

Post a Comment